What is Contract Hiring?
An organization is nothing but the employees it works with. Therefore, it is critical that a company hire the best, not just via full time employment opportunities but also via contract hiring. In a nutshell, contract hiring refers to employing a skilled individual for a specific assignment. When the job is done, they may chose to keep working together or part ways, according to a mutual consent.
So, how do companies get in touch with these contractors? Undoubtedly, an important medium would be that of the contract hiring companies present in India. It is critical to choose the correct staffing contract hiring company for your requirements.
Here are 10 steps to find that perfect contract hiring company for your organizational needs.
10 Steps to Find the Perfect Contract Hiring Company
One cannot argue that there is intense competition among companies for having the right set of employees on board. In order to face the competition well, companies must follow these 10 steps to have better chances to get the perfect contract hiring company to work with.
- Choose an industry-specific staffing company – The first step toward finding the perfect contract hiring company is to look for experts in your area of operations. Today, any company needs to focus on saving time and expenses and thus choosing a recruiter who understands the business needs and market conditions is important.
- Specialized Networking – Networking stands crucially important in order to get to know about rising contract hiring services companies in the market. It could be friends and family, previous companies or even relevant professional associates. LinkedIn is the next big thing in the present times. An active means of networking on LinkedIn gives an additional edge to companies to find the perfect contract hiring company.
- The Right Set of Experimentation and Commitment – When it comes to acquiring contract services, staffing agencies in India play a huge role in bridging the divide between companies and contractors. A short term relationship provides leverage to companies to move on to the next one, in case of non-productive relationship if at all.
- Reading References – Apart from just relying on the right expectation setting, one must constantly strive to procure references of chosen staffing companies. Reading references from the past and current clients of these staffing companies is an absolutely important step.
- Choosing between quality and quantity – Another critical step taken in by companies to choose the perfect contract hiring company is to choose between the one which delivers quality or quantity. This simply refers to companies deciding whether a project requires specialisation or a good volume of contractors.
- Placing the right candidate – Often candidates staffing companies just concentrate on filling in contract hiring position in companies, right at the start. For some job roles, the focus lays on hiring a specialized skill-set for a specific assignment. Thus, companies must keep screening for this metric as well.
- Proper Back-up Plan – Contractors work hard toward achieving specific contracts. Nevertheless, sometimes the candidate might be an organizational misfit. In such a case, contract hiring companies must have an appropriate back up in place to replace the candidate.
- Overall Budget for Staffing Companies – Companies allocate specific budget for specific projects. Overall, the ideal staffing company must fall in within their budget range, whether it accounts for hourly or as a percentage of new hire.
- Measuring recruitment returns – Companies are keen to study the returns of investment (ROI) on each of their recruitment costs for each of the contractors hired. Thus, they look out for the recruitment metrics and study in place by these staffing agencies.
- The final step – Business Rating – The last step requires the companies to close the deal at the agreed upon T&Cs. This is followed by the last check on overall business reviews ratings these staffing agencies have.
As highlighted earlier, a company is as good as its employees are. Having said that, considerable amount of effort must be exercised in hiring the perfect contract hiring company in India. The overall objective of acquiring highly trained contractors can only be fulfilled through the rightful association with a extremely competent staffing agency, today.